Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Limerick Mission

Mission accomplished in Limerick today.  Rail pass was issued at the train station, which, when added to my other pass,  gives me seven more days of free travel on Irish Rail. (Tomorrow I may go to Galway—about a 2 hour trip.)

 I then gravitated to Arthur’s Quay shopping centre where I parked my car and walked a bit.  The misty air was invigorating.  It’s fun to see people with babies in strollers, where the strollers are covered with transparent plastic which keeps the little ones dry.

After browsing in a few stores I sauntered into an Irish ‘handmade’ shop and asked if they had a man’s sweater with leather trim on the shoulders and elbows.  A nice clerk (who is Polish) posed for a picture with the only they had.  Jim Alvaro (Jan’s hubby) may want it. 


After a light lunch at McDonald’s J I sat at a window seat looking out at the street and over at Arthurs Quay.  It seemed  a good time to take a picture.


I finally left Limerick and headed back toward home, but once again was drawn as if mesmerized back to Bunratty and Blarney Woolen Mill.  It’s just enjoyable to view and examine the beautiful woolen handmade jumpers (sweaters).

In the evening, back at the cottage,  I partook of Elaine’s delicious squash soup.  She has invited me to have some of the huge batch of the Irish stew she made over the weekend.  Tomorrow evening for sure.  Peter, Elaine and I watched Jeeves and Wooster and the Irish version of The Apprentice.  The latter is a favorite of theirs as well as the British version. 

It’s to bed now, with a blog posting in the morning.  More later…


No comments: