Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day Four

Up and at 'em this morning.

Yesterday I drove to Limerick instead of riding the train.  It was a matter of having to meet with a rep, face to face, and the Sixmilebridge station is automated.  Anyway, I made it, via the Micra, unscathed to Limerick and got in some good walking.  Lunch was a panini at Arthurs Quay, one of my familiar haunts.

I drove to the train station at the foot of Mallow Street, crossed four or five lanes of tangled traffic, and met up with a real person, who issued a train pass.  I shall have to repeat the steps to get my other passes,  but it will be worth it considering the cost of tickets

Back at the village I noticed that the Miller sculpture still strives in the middle of the Owengarney River.  It is named "The Miller Returns" harking back to former days when a milling of rapeseed for the oil (i.e. Canola) was big business here.  (Try clicking on the picture to get a better look.) Then once again I stopped at John Crowe’s shoppe this time to purchase decaf tea and mueslix. 


After driving back to Anagore Cottage I relaxed with tea and conversation with Elaine and Peter... and the intrepid, Peig.  See below.  Peig is named after  Peig Sayers, famous storyteller from County Kerry and the Blasket Islands.   en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peig_Sayers

 Today (Thursday) I plan to stay close, write and walk in Cratloe Woods.  

More later…




No comments: