Friday, October 30, 2009

A Thin Place




Natural Sculpture on the Burren, County Clare, Ireland

The Burren is a lovely, barren, haunting, thin place--where past and present meet.  Burren, we're told means stony place, and that it surely is.  It also is home to many rare and not so rare flowers that grow in the cracks.  http://www.burrenperfumery.com/


Today, is the day before the day before All Saints Day (Nov.1)  http://www.wf-f.org/AllSaints.html.  I find myself stocked with candy for the little beggars of Halloween--All Hallows Eve (Oct. 31).  Costumes, candy and childhood memories.  Let's enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My life is like the Burren! A thin place... rugged, rocky, bare, but with rare flowers growing in the cracks! Nice blog!

Dew of Hermon said...

Back in 2007 you left a comment on my blog about Castlecrine near Sixmilebridge in Ireland. I had written about a visit I made there with my uncle Frank (since deceased)his first time back to the place in over 50 years.I did not realise at that time that you had a blog and I was delighted to come across it today as I perused some old entries I had made about Frank. I got a bundle of material from Ennis library on Castlecrine which, if I can put my hands on it may be of interest to you.

Dew of Hermon said...

Back in 2007 you left a comment on my blog about Castlecrine near Sixmilebridge in Ireland. I had written about a visit I made there with my uncle Frank (since deceased)his first time back to the place in over 50 years.I did not realise at that time that you had a blog and I was delighted to come across it today as I perused some old entries I had made about Frank. I got a bundle of material from Ennis library on Castlecrine which, if I can put my hands on it may be of interest to you.