Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 14, 2009





March at Moygalla, Sixmilebridge, Co. Clare

Cold weather has hit Charlotte, yet not quite as bad as the above. I took this pic through Winnie Keogh's kitchen window on the morning of my arrival to Ireland, March of 2009. Snow is generally short lived there. Next day the white stuff was completely gone. (I've got to start planning a return trip.)

Weather here is cool--in the 50s--and rainy. There's the feel of nature's getting ready for its yearly rest. Today I made more of Julia Child's Potage Parmentier. I can't get enough of it. This noon I took what was left of a previous batch and added a can of cut green beans to the soup, blended it all together (in a blender on 'puree'), warmed it up in the microwave. Yum! It's a fabulous way to eat one's veggies. I'm going to try it with cooked carrots, pumpkin (maybe), and whatever else might blend up smoothly.

The pureed soups are big in Ireland. I wonder if it's not the French influence there. Not everybody likes pureed soups, but I find them soothing. Julia's recipe is so easy and absolutely wonderful. If you'd like the recipe, I'll pass it on to you. More later...


No comments: