Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, 2009

Stayed around the house today with a sense of a bug or something. Maybe it's paranoia about staying away from H1N1. I went to Bally Fitness Monday evening and never again. Too busy, too hard to find machines, too old and decrepit feeling. I'll stick to daytime workouts and the (woe is me) Silver Sneakers class, which is targeted to oldsters who want to stay independent. That's myself.
I heard recently from two friends in Ireland. Claudia, my Brazilian friend whom I met in Limerick at church and Elaine, my landlord in Sixmilebridge. Elaine's dog, Peig, was a delight. I'll scrounge around and find a good pic of Peig. She's a jumper or a leaper, you might say. If the car window was down, she would greet you as you drove in the driveway by jumping through the window.
My friend, Ana, remarked today that she found it odd that people drive on a parkway and park on a driveway. She's our neighborhood 15-year old clever, brainy gal. If you borrow that, please credit Ana. :)

No comments: