Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kilfenora, Co. Clare




 Sunny March day at the chapel.

It's a good feeling to walk in the steps of the saints.  The cemetery and ruins were all mine with the exception of a few fellows who were digging a grave.  Like Quin Abbey, the cemetery is still in use.  After my peaceful stroll through the place, a busload of students from Galway crowded through the narrow entrance gate as I was leaving.  Good timing.  Check the link below to get info on the history and to see my cross, the famous Doorty Cross.  


The day is sunny and coolish here in Charlotte, NC.  I had 3 pears that needed to be eaten, so I did a fancy, schmancy recipe with white wine, poaching the pears and reducing the spicy liquid.  I think truly it was a waste of my Riesling.  Oh well, cook and learn.

No comments: