Thursday, November 19, 2009

High Tor



High Tor

High Tor is my name for this place.  It happens to be the home of Salmon Poetry, where I once took a short course.  There, I--myself--met the publisher and workshop leader, Jessie Lendennie and exercised my brain a bit. Even her name sounds poetic, don't you think? Poetry, I have found, is either easy or difficult.  It depends on the day, my mood, my endurance or the author. Now you have guessed what a deep thinker I am.  Below, I hope you can click to find the link to Salmon Poetry.  Also, tap on the pic and see High Tor up close.  Sense the drama :) If you could turn to the right and see through the hillside you would be able to behold the magnificent Cliffs of Moher.  Then you could attempt a mystical leap to the left a few kilometers and you would end up in Doolin.  Happy imaginings!


Back at the townhouse--Charlotte USA--we find an overcast day.  Squirrels frolic on a neighbor's split rail fence, over a leaf-layered landscape. Under all those oak and maple droppings is a bumper crop of acorns.  Winter is on its way. I'm still hoping for a buyer and will attempt patience (acquiring said long-suffering with God's help!)  (Philippians 4:5-7)

Today I plan to do stuff--pick up cleaning, retrieve slacks left at Anna's Alterations on highway 51 and perhaps, just perhaps, work on the sequel to Shannon Song. (Link to Shannon Song)

Let's see....


No comments: