Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Lahinch to Spanish Point Scenery


Spanish Point, Co. Clare, Ireland
(Click on pic for a better view)

On March 28, 2009 it was time to go back home to Charlotte; to friends and family; and to D'arcy, my Sheltie.  I had crammed my large suitcase to near bursting and wondered why I tote so much stuff around.  Winnie and I enjoyed a farewell dinner in Spanish Point, before which she helped me load the monstrous luggage into my little Nissan Micra. The above is the shoreline outside the lovely hotel there. A day earlier, I had driven to Doonbeg, near Spanish Point.  The weather was fierce--with waves splashing up on the highway.  Spanish Point, Doonbeg, Quilty, etc. are on the drive south of Lahinch, along the Atlantic coastline.

Weather today in good old Charlotte is sunny and cold.  Cold, as in 47 degrees F.  Cold is relative, don't you know.  We have had hard frosts, but no snow as yet here on Windbluff Drive behind the Arboretum. I have ingredients laid out in the kitchen to make Amish ginger cookies.  Guess I'd better get to work.

More later...

No comments: