Monday, December 7, 2009

Coole Park, Gort, County Galway



Coole Park Beauty
(click for a closer look)

Lady Gregory lived at Coole Park, which is a must-see for visitors to the west of Ireland.  Though from the English upper class, Lady Gregory loved the Irish.  (That's why I admire her.)  She did much in her time to preserve the Irish language.  Learn more about this beautiful place.   More on Lady Gregory and Coole Park.

My good friend Winnie and I visited Coole Park on a chilly March day this year, where I snapped the photo of the exotic tree above.  I have Googled around to find the name of the tree, but haven't had any success.  I'll keep looking.  The tree is one of many which Lady Gregory collected from all over the world.  I think it's noble--lumpy, but noble; kind of like the way some people look in their old age.

Meanwhile back at the townhouse in Charlotte, NC, I await word if a buyer might be in the wings.  Having shown the place three times to the same 'looker', there's the possibility that someone may be interested.  Ya' think?  Anyway, Christmas is a comin', I have things to do.

Tonight I placed a lighted wreath on the outside wall of my unit--my contribution to neighborhood festiveness.  This year, even with the usual madness in the mall, I'm glad people are concentrating on giving to someone special in their lives.  They may for a brief moment even focus on the Christ of Christmas and give Him thanks for their blessings.  I believe it could happen. Call me a cockeyed optimist.

Tomorrow, it's out to JAARS for a few hours of work on the Vernacular Media Services (VMS) newsletter.  See my links to the right and you can visit, too.
                                                                    

1 comment:

Jan said...

Sounds like a wonderful place. We'll have to put it on our must see list WHEN we all go again.
Love you!