Wednesday, June 12, 2013

 Wednesday--[Old English Wōdnes dæg Woden's day, translation of Latin mercurii dies Mercury's day; related to Old Frisian wōnsdei, Middle Dutch wōdensdach (Dutch woensdag)] *Woden, Anglo-Saxon pagan god was leader of the wild hunt...

This a.m. I noticed several folks in a group, waiting for the Pere Marquette Library to open. I, too, planned to use the library. We were a bit early.

As I sat in my car, I opened a Nook book on my smarrtphone;... Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. I had begun the story weeks earlier with not much interest, but now it has caught my attention.  I read this and was impressed,  "..it was one of the best days of my life, a day during which I lived my life and didn't think about my life at all." The character is trapped inside his body and cannot speak.  (don't know why yet). Indications are, it is a young male with a brain disorder. The author can write!! Also, thanks to Google, I now know the book has been made into a movie, which I'll order on Netflix.

 When I strolled over to enter the library I saw that the folks, waiting outside, carried notebooks on which was printed "Job Hunt Club". Hmmm; *Woden--leader of the hunt? Job Hunt?  Coincidence?  :)

 For me, every day is a job hunt, of sorts. Even though I'm retired from the work force, I still toil, think, search and receive the wages of my efforts...the appreciation of all that's Good around me and a modicum of wisdom.

Soon, it's over to Curves for a weigh-in. Onward. (Thought: Live Life!)


 Place: Pere Marquette Public Library, Quiet Room. (See pics just snapped.)

 Our Beautiful Quiet Room
 Wall art displays places in Ireland that I know well.









No comments: