Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy-ness

Takin' care of business these days in preparation for my move north.  Had a routine physical today and will have records transferred.  The doc was pleased at my general health and I took no complaints with me to her office.  Stopped at Stein Mart, bought a little summer outfit, had a Starbucks with an oatmeal to take care of the hunger since I had not eaten before the doctor-visit.  Headed home and picked up a package at the office here. It was a CD of Celtic gospel music.  Haven't listened to it yet. 

Then I played around with a tiny gadget I bought on QVC (a Sansa Clip) with a ton of memory. I've already downloaded a couple free audio books and a bunch of songs from my computer collection.  I mentioned the player to a friend who put doubts into my head about my choice.  I was told I should have bought an IPod.  I'll manage as long as I have my computer to interface, but will have to save my pennies for an IPod that has wifi capability. 

I glanced through my Irish pic collection and found this one.  Perhaps I've shown it before.  Maybe not.  Winnie and Carmel pose before the greenery of a lovely spot in Dungarvin, County Waterford...March 2009.
Winnie and Carmel.  Try clicking on the pic to make it larger.

Tomorrow evening it's off to dinner in downtown, uptown Charlotte and a concert at South Park with Pat Miller and Betsy Mitchell.  We missed each other at LePeeps on Tuesday, so have to make up a semi-farewell get-together.  Semi-farewell, because we absolutely must meet up again this side of heaven.

More later...

No comments: